Tuesday 27 September 2016

Top Tip - MINDFULNESS

Just be in the moment

Mindfulness 

is a mind-body approach to well-being that can help you change the way you think about experiences in your life.  

Perfect the following 5 steps:

  • Mindful breathing: Identify your in-breath as an in-breath and your out-breath as an out-breath.  When you breathe in, you know that this is your in-breath.  When you breathe out you know that this is your out-breath.
  • Concentrate: While you breathe in, follow your in-breath from the beginning to the end.  If your in-breath lasts three or four seconds, then your mindfulness also lasts three or four seconds.  Breathing in, I follow my in-breath all the way through.  Breathing out, I follow my out-breath all the way through.
  • Awareness of your body: "Breathing in, I am aware of my body, Breathing out, I am aware of my body".  When your mind is with your body, you are focused in the here and the now.  You can be in touch with the wonders of life that are available in yourself and around you.
  • Releasing Tension: The next time you find yourself in a stressful situation, take the moment in time and repeat to yourself "Breathing in, I am aware of my body, Breathing out, I release the tension in my body"
  • Walking mindfulness: Wherever you are, your body and mind are together.  With every step, you touch the wonders of life that are in you and around you.  When you walk like that, every step brings healing.  Every step brings peace and joy, because every step is a miracle.
Practice the 5 steps each day, several times a day.  The more you do it the easier it will become.


Only that day dawns to which we are awake


  

No comments: