NHS deaths not dealt with properly, however what about all the deaths in care homes, how many of these are avoidable and through wilful neglect? The families that dare ask questions get given notice. How many Autopsies would show this, and how many will actually put the honest cause of death?
- The level of acceptance and sense of inevitability when people with a learning disability or mental illness die early is too common
- There is no consistent national framework in place to support the NHS to investigate deaths
- A failure to prioritise learning from deaths so that action can be taken to improve care for future patients and their families
- Many carers and families do not find the NHS to be open or transparent
- Families and carers are not routinely told what their rights are when a relative dies, what will happen or how they can access support or advocacy