Saturday, 10 December 2016
Activity Benefits to carers, family and friends
Benefits to carers, family and friends
· Taking part in activities with a person with dementia can help maintain a good relationship.
· Activities can offer a break from the everyday caring routine.
· Shared activities can provide mutual enjoyment and companionship, which can support the relationship between the person with dementia and their carer.
· Activities can encourage closeness between a person with dementia and people around them and improve feelings of comfort and security.
· Engaging a person with dementia in meaningful activities may improve behaviour that challenges.