Thursday 21 September 2017

40 B4 40



Mummy recently had a birthday which now means the big 4 0 is only two years away!

She tells us that “We’re have been conditioned to be afraid of turning 40 because of Sally!” Remember Sally and her meltdown in When Harry Met Sally? (here’s a quick recap if like us you’re too young or like Mummy and have forgotten)
Sally: [Crying hysterically] And I’m going to be 40!
Harry: When?
Sally: Someday!
Harry: In eight years!
Sally: But it’s there! It’s like a big dead end!

As far as we’ve seen in our short lives Mummy has done nothing to embrace her actual age, but is adamant “I’m not dreading turning 40”. (Not at all).

Mummy is running towards it at top speed.  But it has got her to think about what she would like to achieve before she reaches this mythical goal.

Who doesn’t love an inspiring checklist of things to do or try?

And we have to write a 40 b4 40 list because Mummy will forget it otherwise…

She’s settling for doing the achievable and create some memories that we can share as a family and with friends
1.    Buy a Hermès Scarf – this really is mummies true selfish wish as its for mummy and solely mummy to enjoy
2.    Drive a Lorry
3.    Visit Las Vegas
4.    Visit Florida
5.    Return to Romeü
6.    See a West End Show
7.    Go to the o2 for a gig or comedy night
8.    New York for New Year – come on Daddy you’ll have to get your skates on if we’re going to achieve this one
9.    Watch a film at Somerset House or Proms in the Park
10. Drink a bottle of Cristal or something else equally as expensive ( I will just settle for a glass)
11. To hold or attend a masquerade ball
12. Beginning to think we should’ve aimed for 15 things to do before I’m 40 not 40 things to do… Try a hot stone massage
13. To appear in a magazine or newspaper (not Take a Break or The Sun) because I’ve achieved something good/made a difference/or been the change
14. I would genuinely like to cook every recipe from my favourite recipe book but that’s a little Julie & Julia
15. Attend a drive-in movie – now I know Peterborough does this in the Summer months so maybe I’ll actually do it
16. Attend my Old School Summer Ball – I’ve prevent myself from doing this before now as sometimes I’m not sure my old school would welcome me back!
17. Attend an Opening at a local Art Museum or Film Premier
18. Meet Princes Harry and William – I love our royal family and to attend a Tea in the Garden would be an honour
19. Re-new my vows with my children present
20. Halfway there - Learn how to fly a plane or a chinook
21. Go to the Greek island of Santorini
22. Stay in a luxury tree house
23. Ride a Segway
24. See the Northern Lights
25. Take my children to see Santa in Lapland
26. Get a family dog/puppy
27. Eat in a Michelin star restaurant
28. Find the best bacon butty or Egg Banjo on the A1 (the A1 is a motorway/road that runs nearly the full length of the UK London to Edinburgh)
29. Attend Edinburgh Fringe and Festival
30. Wish mummy was 30 instead seeing as we're here already! Have an Eddie Stobart names in her honour (Eddie Stobart are a haulage firm in the UK)
31. Publish a book – Mummies almost there as she started writing a Children’s Book called Forget Me Not educating children on dementia and similar diseases
32. Start a book/Wino’s club in my Village
33. Be debt free
34. Start a retirement fund or policy insurance
35. Take her girly friends on a girl’s holiday somewhere hot, where we can natter, laugh and drink without the thunderous noise of our children!
36. Drive a 1954-'60 Volkswagen Convertible Beetle around the full coastal line of the UK
37. Travel on the famous West Highland Railway
38. Figure out why my décor never looks as good in reality as it does in a) my head b) in pictures from Pinterest!
39. Write a letter to my possible future grandchildren
40. FINALLY – Give up smoking

No comments: