Wednesday 29 March 2017

Support in unlikely places



Today when I was feeling low and that my self-worth wasn’t worth an awful lot I like many turned to social media to air my frustrations.

I had the expected responses “cheer up chick” and “call me”, but the biggest support came from an unknown source and now friend I had met through my work with The Edith Ellen.

This support reminded me that: From little acorns, mighty oak trees grow.... but sometimes when the tree grows it forgets it was once a small acorn with many others.  That the philosophy of the Edith Ellen foundation states: Everything starts with ourselves and how we treat everyone.... not just residents in care.

How strong that sentiment is, how just those few words started to help and I started to turn my day back around.

I hope today that everyone around the world finds the support they need in unlikely places, and that this support can help make their world a little better.

No comments: