About Mummy & Blogger Babies

My photo

Blogger Babies and Mummy believe in sharing resources and ideas to enable the best possible care and support of our vulnerable.

To Donate to The Edith Ellen Foundation

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Support in unlikely places



Today when I was feeling low and that my self-worth wasn’t worth an awful lot I like many turned to social media to air my frustrations.

I had the expected responses “cheer up chick” and “call me”, but the biggest support came from an unknown source and now friend I had met through my work with The Edith Ellen.

This support reminded me that: From little acorns, mighty oak trees grow.... but sometimes when the tree grows it forgets it was once a small acorn with many others.  That the philosophy of the Edith Ellen foundation states: Everything starts with ourselves and how we treat everyone.... not just residents in care.

How strong that sentiment is, how just those few words started to help and I started to turn my day back around.

I hope today that everyone around the world finds the support they need in unlikely places, and that this support can help make their world a little better.
Post a Comment